Masteron, or Drostanolone Propionate, is a unique and exotic androgenic steroid that has an interesting history and can be applied in different ways. Its first uses were as an anti-estrogen, but nowadays it is used to help improve athletic performance and muscle gain.
If you’re going to be using any compound that influences your hormonal health, then it’s important to learn as much about it as you possibly can. In this article, we’re going to tell you more about the chemical structure and function of Masteron, as well as inform you about any potential side effects that may occur from using it.
If at the end of the article, you don’t feel like Masteron is a good fit for you, we will also include some alternative choices that can provide similar improvements.
What is Masteron?
Masteron, which was first developed under the brand name Masteril, was initially used as an anti-estrogen product. Its original prescribed use was to help improve breast cancer and was used in conjunction with other drugs that had an impact on breast cancer antiestrogen ncbl.
Nowadays, far fewer people are using Masteron to help them manage breast cancer. Instead, the drug has become popular among athletes and bodybuilders because of the way that it influences the hormonal systems in the body.
Because of its nature as an anti-estrogen, one might imagine some of the characteristics of Masteron. The compound is derived from dihydrotestosterone, or DHT, and doesn’t convert to estrogen in the body – a process which is known as aromatization. Free testosterone – that is, testosterone that is readily available for the body to use – can be aromatized into estrogen.
Masteron is believed to influence estrogen by inhibiting some of the enzymes the lead to its aromatization, or possibly through direct interaction with estrogen.
If Masteron is, indeed, a compound that inhibits the aromatase enzyme, it could be useful for helping to maintain optimal levels of free testosterone in the body. It could also be useful for preventing the aromatization of other compounds or steroids that are known to convert into estrogen.
Two forms of Masteron (Drostanolone) :
There are actually two forms of Masteron that can be found relatively easily. Each one comes with its own benefits and drawbacks.
Masteron propionate, or drostanolone propionate, is the original form of Masteron. More people have used it, and it’s generally considered the more popular variety. Most brands and individuals refer to Masteron propionate when they are referring to Masteron.
Masteron propionate is extremely effective as an anti-estrogen and an anabolic, however, some other steroids on the market are known to be stronger. Regardless, Masteron propionate can be great for helping to improve muscle growth.
Masteron propionate is a derivative of DHT with a methyl group added to the Carbon 2 position and a carboxylic acid ester is added to the 17beta hydroxyl group. This increases the drug’s anabolic strength and slows its metabolism in the body.
Masteron enanthate, or drostanolone enanthate, is a longer ester of the Masteron molecule, meaning that it is cleared from the body slower than its propionate counterpart.
This means that if you’re using Masteron enanthate, you don’t have to dose as frequently as you would with Masteron propionate, but you have to use slightly larger doses. Some people find this preferable.
Some people also prefer to use Masteron enanthate in stacks with testosterone enanthate, since they are said to work well together.
There are a number of benefits that you might experience if you decide to start using Masteron for your workouts. These are some of the most popular and sought-after benefits of Masteron.
- Muscle hardening and growth. One of the most noticeable effects of Masteron is the way that it improves the hardness of your muscles. This is ideal for bodybuilders and athletes who are interested in developing a better physique. It is also known for making people appear more ‘filled out’ by increasing muscle density.That said, Masteron is not known to be as powerful in this regard as some of the more powerful steroids such as Trenbolone.
- Many report that Masteron helps to improve energy levels when they’re at the gym or when they’re at home. It also helps to speed up metabolism and can boost the amount of energy that your cells produce.
- It helps with cutting. If you’re hoping to shed pounds and have a more pronounced physique then Masteron might be a great steroid for you. In fact, many people report that it’s more effective for helping to shed extra pounds than it is for actually bulking up.
There aren’t as many benefits attributed to Masteron as there are to some of the other, stronger steroids out there. Fortunately, this also means that Masteron has fewer side effects than some other steroids that you might use.
As with any compound, it’s important to be aware of any potential drawbacks of Drostanolone before you take it. While Masteron might not have as many side effects as some of the more hardcore steroids that you can find, there are a number of risks associated with the compound that should be taken into consideration before deciding whether or not to use it.
That said, because Masteron does not aromatize, and because it provides anti-estrogenic properties, it reduces the instance of many of the side effects associated with other anabolic steroids that people might use. Things like gynecomastia, water retention, and significant blood pressure increase are far less likely to occur when you’re using Masteron.
Some issues can still arise with extended or long-term use, though.
- Hair loss, especially with people who are prone to male pattern baldness
- Loss of emotional control, primarily seen as aggression
- Acne, especially if you have experienced an increase in acne with the use of other steroids or androgens
- Testosterone suppression. Such as is the case with many steroids, excessive use of Masteron will suppress your body’s ability to naturally produce testosterone. It can take weeks or months after you stop using it to naturally begin producing testosterone again.
- Injection infections. If you aren’t aware of how to properly inject a drug, then you could run the risk of infection. Making sure that your needles are sterile is incredibly important. Try to get your Masteron injected by a professional.
It is difficult to say exactly how anyone will respond to a supplement like Masteron. However, due to its nature as an anti-estrogen, the side effects are much less serious and significant than you might experience with something like Trenbolone. Masteron is also less likely to cause things like roid gut.
There are two main forms of Masteron that are used in most cases, as we have discussed. The dosages for each of these compounds will be slightly different.
- Drostanolone propionate is usually dosed in smaller amounts, anywhere from 50-150mg/ml. This version has a faster half-life, meaning the body uses it, processes it and excretes it quicker. Because of this, you’ll have to make sure that you do another injection at least once every two days.
- Drostanolone enanthate is the slower-acting version. Because of its slower action, users generally take slightly higher doses of 200 mg/ml.
If you’re going to be using a substance like Masteron, it’s important to participate in a ‘cycle.’ A cycle is a term that’s used to describe the intermittent usage of a substance with breaks in between. This helps to prevent the development of tolerance and dependence.
If you become tolerant to a drug, then your body will require more of it to experience the same effects. If you continue to use it, dependence can set in, meaning that your body would require the drug to produce testosterone. Cycling helps to prevent this.
It’s also important – perhaps even more so – to be aware of any other drugs that you are using with Masteron. Other steroids can be much more potent and should be cycled more thoroughly so that your body does not become dependent on them.
Here are some basic Masteron cycles:
- A beginner’s cycle. For a beginner Masteron cycle, you should inject Masteron propionate no more than every other day. Masteron enanthate should be injected twice a week. You should shoot for a total weekly amount of no more than 300mg on a weekly basis if you’re using Masteron propionate, and somewhere between 400 and 600 mg if you’re using Masteron enanthate. You should avoid using either for more than a month at a time.
- An intermediate cycle. If you’re using Masteron propionate at an intermediate level, you should still try to inject it only every other day, and enanthate twice a week. Users of Masteron propionate should shoot for about 500 mg for a weekly maximum, and enanthate users should use between 400 mg and 600 mg. Again, try to avoid using it for more than a month.
Even though Masteron might be a bit less destructive than some other steroids on the market, it’s not without its risks and problems. If you think that Masteron is a little bit too intense for you, then there are other alternatives that can help.
Conversely, if you think that Masteron is not strong enough for your needs, or if you’re looking for a better steroid for weight loss, you may find improved benefits from some of the following.
- Pine pollen. Arguably the best natural androgen is pine pollen. Pine pollen contains natural free testosterone that can be absorbed directly into your bloodstream, providing androgenic benefits without a serious risk of side effects unless you use an incredible amount. Pine pollen can be found on the internet or purchased locally if you live in a region where pine pollen grows.
Masteron isn’t as strong as some other steroids, but it can provide a number of similar effects without being as drastic in terms of side effects. Hopefully this article has helped you understand a bit more about this interesting compound so you can decide whether or not to include it in your list of bodybuilding supplements.